There are so many intriguing characters in the Bible, specifically the New Testament (Seeing as I have yet to read 38 of the Old Testament books, I only know the major ones in there). However, I am always really intrigued by two very minor characters towards the end of the gospels. The two men who are crucified along with Jesus. We don't ever learn anything about them or who they were except that they were criminals. That's it, no thought about them. But I think they are so interesting and we learn a lot about both of their characters through the few lines they have.
One seems to really have a grasp in his dying moments, he knew he'd gotten what he deserved for being a thief, while Jesus did nothing to be up there. Personally I think this guy had a lot of humility, he was willing to fess up and say he was wrong and let go of his pride (something we all have trouble with at times), and this is the way we are to act before God.
While the other man only really seemed to care about Jesus because he wanted to save his own skin, and he didn't exactly go about asking Jesus to save him the right way.
So those are two characters I always find very intriguing, they represent two completely different kinds of men and definitely contrast each other well.
No comments:
Post a Comment