"He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day."
~2 Timothy 1:9-12~
I read these verses a couple nights ago and felt so refreshed reading them, part of verse 12 particularly stood out to me:
"...because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day."
Here Paul was talking about how he had entrusted his very life to God, his life (and ours) include situations, problems, people whatever else you can possibly think of. These things that worry us, that we often have so little control over can be so overwhelming.
As I was reading over the verse again yesterday, I found it funny that the word 'entrusted' was used and not just trusted. So I looked up the definition of both words:
Trust: Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
Entrust: Put something into someone's care or protection.
After reading that I just thought... wow, what a difference!
"Because I know whom I have believed..." not only was Paul able to trust (believe and know in his head), but entrust (taking that trust into action) God with everything.
So what have we entrusted to him? Anything we give over to Him is so freeing for us, and He is glad when we do! Because He is able to guard whatever it is! Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment