Sunday, 23 September 2018
Ducks In A Row
I took this picture the other night and thought of the phrase "Having all your ducks in a row" and then I started laughing because, at first glance this picture certainly looks pretty organized, the ducks are in a row, they've got everything together, just like they should have.
And I just felt like writing a short little something about the expectation to have everything together and have a plan. Yes, it's good to be organized and to plan things, but God is ultimately the one with the plan for us, the master blueprint.
A lot of people, younger people especially, feel the pressure to have it all figured out or have a totally reliable 'plan' for life like "At this age I should be at this stage doing this or that..." And if this or that thing hasn't happened, we compare ourselves to others around us. When we have this plan not working out how we want it to we ask the question 'why?' a lot...because those are hard things to wrestle with. I just want to encourage anyone who may be thinking along these lines a lot lately to trust God with the blueprint, with the ultimate plan, and then to keep trusting Him.
Because really, when you take a second look at this picture, you'll notice that none of the ducks are looking the same direction and the forth one isn't even facing the same way, it looks all perfectly lined up... but you know, a minute later those ducks swam off and most certainly were not in a row.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment