Sunday, 29 July 2018
Retreat
The last week and a half I've been on retreat. Except this retreat featured the brilliant lime green walls of the room I share with my younger sister. Sounds refreshing eh?
The last few months I've been really busy, which is something I'm usually not... at least not consistently for several months on end.. and it started to get overwhelming all this keeping busy... So with God's prompting I decided I needed to retreat. There were still commitments I couldn't avoid - work, household chores that sort of stuff. But I cancelled my social plans, And didn't make new ones.
I'm not saying being busy or overly social is a sin, but for me it was hindering the time and energy I had to talk to God, which honestly was very little and very shallow.
So on my evenings and days off I sat and got to think, reflect and enjoy the peace and quiet. I reflected on things that were and weren't drawing me closer to God and just started to ask Him what He wanted of me...because I didn't really have a clear idea anymore (PS. Still working on that)
I thought about the prayer that is in 2 Chronicles 20. In this chapter King Jehoshaphat is told a vast army is coming against him and so he addresses the people in the temple with a prayer and he ends it in verse 12 with "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you"
And I found that so encouraging - so refreshing! Though I do not and never have had a vast army come against me or my nation, I understood that overwhelmed feeling, the 'something's gotta change or else I'm toast' scenario. So that was one thing that God said to me.
But the main thing He kept saying to me was to grow in my knowledge of Him, to learn of God and who He is in a deeper way and to better discern in the future whatever social plans, projects and other commitments are going to help rather than hinder in this area of my life.
That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment