Saturday, 10 September 2016
A step back
I've gone back to post-secondary ! Yup, I'm stepping back into the world of class schedules, assignments, group projects and living away from home cooked meals. I'm excited to be back in a time of expanding my knowledge again but as excited as I am for that the past week of moving away from friends and the town I know has made me quite discontent. Not that I don't like the people and classmates I've met here - but I just want to be around the people who know me well, the things and places I know and love.
I don't want to feel lonely and alone, as I was thinking about all this late last night and early this morning I needed to take a big step back, breathe and stop listening to all the whining, the doubts, the fears - and that's when God started talking.
He reminded me that I don't need to be lonely, that I'm not alone. That my desire to be around what I know is a reminder saying to me that my soul desire's to be known by Him, not necessarily everyone else.
He reminded me that my excitement for expanding my knowledge in school should not overpower my excitement to gain more knowledge of Him and that it should always be my priority because I will need to know Him to live my life more than I will need my skills of using proper interventions, assessing clients or therapeutic programming.
Hopefully, this can be an encouragement and reminder to anyone else that needs it right now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment