Monday, 30 June 2014

Ten lepers on a journey


On the way to Jerusalem he was passing along between Samaria and Galilee.  And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance and lifted up their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.” When he saw them he said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went they were cleansed.
~Luke 17:11-14~


I was reading these verses and found them rather interesting...As this little scene unfolds only one of the ten lepers comes back and praises God that He was healed, while  I think that the reaction is the main part of this story, I found it interesting that after the lepers addressed Jesus He responded by saying "Go show yourselves to the priests" He did not tell them they were going to be healed (at least it's not recorded that He did), and yet they headed off trusting Him and obeying what He had said and they were healed on the way-"as they went" ---sometime during the journey to the priests.

Isn't that so much like our own lives? As we journey on and obey Jesus, sometimes we are healed during the process, not always before, not always after. It could be physical healing but it could also be emotional healing, the healing any brokenness we have or soul cleansing. And it's not always obvious along the journey but eventually we realize that it has occurred. Because He will be faithful to us trusting Him. And if that happens in my own life I hope that I can be the one to "turn back and praise God with a loud voice"! :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment