Sunday, 13 April 2014

Toeing the line



"Hmm... how close can I come to doing this without actually sinning?"

Have you ever had that mindset. I have, and I know it's a very slippery slope that leads to full out rebellion against God.

It's not a good mindset, and it's not something I've struggled with recently but I see a lot of people who do, especially within youth groups but this issue is definitely not limited to youth, it can happen with anyone, so I have a word of advice...


Rebel.  Full out... against the WORLD. 





Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind... [Romans 12:2]


It is my personal desire to be so far from toeing that line that others wonder... what is she all about? 


To be calm in the midst of exams rather than stressed, to be a joyful helper, to serve, to only speak well of others, to have confidence in God alone. 

And I want to encourage others to do the same. 
 Think about what areas of life you may fall short in or have this mindset, read what God says about the subject or ask someone you trust about it, and then run from that line. 









19 comments:

  1. Well said Shannon. I wonder if this is what Peter meant when he wrote that unbelievers would be surprised at believers because they don't participate in activities that lead to death. Well done young lady. God bless. Grace and Peace.
    zack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I imagine this is along the general lines of what Peter meant, something very important to remember/

      "They do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you""
      ~1 Peter 4: 2-4

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely right Shannon.
    Btw, I should apologize to you. Whenever I've commented on here in the past it copies itself several times. I don't have a clue what the deal is with that. Sorry. My bad.
    God bless you young lady. Keep up the good work with the blog.
    zack

    ReplyDelete