Need
This has sort of been on my heart and mind the last two weeks is...
How much I really need Jesus... like, everyday.
GROUND BREAKING statement, I know.
**I bet nobody has ever thought that before **(end sarcasm)*
No but seriously, I've really noticed it the last couple weeks. I know I'm not the best at keeping consistent with things... for the last little while I'd be (mostly) ok with really getting something out of the Bible or a prayer time one day and then the next couple days skive it off because (my logic at work here) 'well yesterday was good I don't need to get into it quite so much today because yesterday was good'
That really is not a good mentality to have is it... I think part of the problem is I don't really have anyone to keep me accountable.. actually that's kind of the purpose of the blog the past few months, so I could have something to remind me and keep me more accountable.. and it's working! so HA!
So with that I've been able to keep myself more on track and I'm starting to (slowly but surely) reeeaaally try to just be with Jesus and keep Him in mind everyday.
Three weeks ago I was getting away with the old attitude but the last two weeks if I didn't spend REAL time with Jesus that day, I noticed I was just irritable and angrier -both are traits that I'm not proud of when they come out. I don't think the bad mood is a coincidence either - I'm pretty sure it's God's way of making me stick to my guns and to make me love Him more and more.
And I'm joyful about that! :D
Yes Shannon- I agree that we need a daily experience with Yahshua. Especially when we see all that He has done for us at the Cross! As we see Him in the garden of Gethsemane bowed done with a mysterious dread; drinking to the the dregs the cup of woe; for a world that willed to sin. Being separated from His Fathers love and having the awful temptation to not follow through with the great sacrifice. But He said Father not my will but thy will be done. Shalom In Yahshua and thanks for sharing your thoughts once again.
ReplyDeleteIndeed! and you're welcome, the purpose of the blog is to share my thoughts, I'm glad you keep reading it! God bless! :)
ReplyDelete